Detecting and controlling mold in the home is crucial if you want your family to be healthy. How mold reproduces is that it actually sends tiny spores into the air whether it is indoors or outdoors.
When these spores land on a moist surface, they begin to grow, thrive, and eat whatever they are growing on to live and reproduce. Excessive water and moisture creates an ideal environment for mold, and mold can grow on just about anything including carpeting, food, paper, wood, tile, drywall or any other place that is wet.
Mold has potentially severe health effects, and there are several symptoms that can be associated with being exposed to mold. Symptoms may vary and they may include asthma, allergic reactions, coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath, and other respiratory issues.
When you have a water emergency or issue, you have to take care of the problem right away to limit or eliminate the potential for mold growth. If your reduce the humidity in your home through venting, especially your bathrooms, using your air conditioners and dehumidifiers, you will reduce the potential for mold growth.
Be sure to clean and dry any wet building material, furniture, carpeting, floors, ceilings, drywall or whatever other surface may have been in contact with excess water. If you do not get everything completely dry, it will become an optimal place for mold to get a foothold.
Do not install carpeting in any areas that usually have frequent condensation and excessive moisture, especially not in bathrooms. Any carpeted area where there is excessive moisture will provide a perfect place for mold to grow and spread.
Trying to eliminate excessive moisture and mold from your home if you are not an expert is really not practical if you are not an expert. You could try to control what happens in your home by making the environment hostile (dry) to mold, but a good cleanup often requires specialized equipment that must be rented or bough and specialized techniques that must be mastered.
In trying to control the growth of mold, it is of the essence to control the amount of moisture in your home in whatever way you can. You must completely dry out the affected area within 24-48 hours if you want to prevent mold from growing.
If you are one of those people who is especially sensitive to mold, if you have asthma, or if you have some other type of respiratory ailment and you come in contact with mold, make sure you call emergency services if you have a severe episode. Severe attacks often require special attention, and you will need to go to a hospital or clinic to get adequate care.
If you find that moisture and mold are a constant problem in your home, you can try to clean it up yourself, and you can also try using fans and dehumidifiers. However, mold and moisture problems have to be tracked down to their source in order to eliminate them effectively, and you will have to contact professionals in water damage services in order to ensure that the job is done correctly.
Warning: include(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /home/onlineb1/public_html/realestateproarticles/inc/extra_rlinks.inc.php on line 149
Warning: include(http://www.realestateproarticles.com/catads/cat276.php): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/onlineb1/public_html/realestateproarticles/inc/extra_rlinks.inc.php on line 149
Warning: include(): Failed opening 'http://www.realestateproarticles.com/catads/cat276.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php56/pear') in /home/onlineb1/public_html/realestateproarticles/inc/extra_rlinks.inc.php on line 149