Real Estate Pro Articles
   
   

Carbon Monoxide Protection



[Valid RSS feed]  Category Rss Feed - http://www.realestateproarticles.com/rss.php?rss=276
By : Vicki Hat    99 or more times read
Keeping your home safe means you have protection to those that can do harm, whether you can see them or not. So even if you have all the protection from the obvious harm, you need to go beyond what meets the eye. There are certain harms that cannot be seen but can hit you and your family right down hard with health problems.

One of the most common problems that could come creeping in your home is carbon monoxide poisoning. This gas is one of the most dangerous gases that you could encounter. It is invisible and colorless. Hence, there is no way of knowing that it exists in your home until you experience health symptoms.

Some of you may not be aware that carbon monoxide exists in your homes and many of your home stuff causes its existence. Sources of this gas are everywhere namely: heaters, gas range, furnaces, fireplaces, cars and many others. All fuel-burning appliances are the major factors for carbon monoxide build-up in homes.

As a homeowner, you shouldn't allow this gas to accumulate into your home. As mentioned above, it can cause serious illness and could easily attack the vulnerable ones: your child. So even if you have finished putting up the security system and child proofed your homes, putting a stop to carbon monoxide build up should part of your itinerary in your goal to make a safe home.

Here's how you should do it:

  1. Since there is no way of knowing carbon monoxide exists, you need a device to determine its existence, especially when it is almost on its dangerous levels. Hence, you should buy the best carbon monoxide detector that will alarm you if this gas is about to threaten your lives.

  2. Since carbon monoxide comes without any introduction, you can avoid abrupt increase in its concentration by allowing carbon monoxide to escape freely in your home. You can do this if air flows freely inside your homes. In other words, there should be good ventilation.

  3. Appliances are one of the main sources of carbon dioxide. And such gas can be produced if there is leakage. This is most true for appliances that need fuel for operation. Hence, functionality is important to avoid gas build-up in your homes. The only way to ensure this is to have your appliances undergo regular maintenance or checkups. Doing this will not only allow you to save money from repairs but will help you tons of money by avoiding hospital bills.

  4. Your garage is a great place for storing but it is not great for generators. Generators can cause buildup of carbon monoxide in your home, especially when kept in crawlspaces and sheds.

  5. Do not fail to turn off your engine properly, especially when it is parked inside your garage. Your cars are also capable of emitting carbon monoxide.

There is an acceptable range of carbon monoxide in your home. Your main goal is to keep it within this level and avoid high concentrations; to the point that it can cause harm to you and your family.
Find more real estate tips when you visit McQueen Lakes Chandler AZ Real Estate, Pepperwood Chandler AZ Realty and Twelve Oaks Chandler AZ Real Estate.

Related Articles



Actions
Print This Article
Add To Favorites



Sponsors


Warning: include(): http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_include=0 in /home/onlineb1/public_html/realestateproarticles/inc/extra_rlinks.inc.php on line 149

Warning: include(http://www.realestateproarticles.com/catads/cat276.php): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/onlineb1/public_html/realestateproarticles/inc/extra_rlinks.inc.php on line 149

Warning: include(): Failed opening 'http://www.realestateproarticles.com/catads/cat276.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php56/pear') in /home/onlineb1/public_html/realestateproarticles/inc/extra_rlinks.inc.php on line 149
 

 

© All rights reserved to Real Estate Pro Articles