When a buyer is considering to buy a house, the condition is of course one of the top priorities. This is evident in how your FSBO home looks like, so it is highly important for you to make sure that you don’t shoo away prospective buyers with the appearance of your FSBO home.
Here are five tips to increase the value of your FSBO home.
1. Clean the windows and gutters. Dusty windows and overflowing gutters are plain unsightly. This gives buyers a bad impression on your FSBO property.
2. Pressure-wash your siding if it is made of vinyl. You can contact home improvement stores to rent a pressure washer. This is so that the appearance of your FSBO home would be more appealing to customers.
3. Do not neglect the landscape. The outside of your FSBO house is just as important as its inside in terms of first impressions. Do not shoo away prospective buyers by neglecting the appearance of your lawn or garden. Water your lawn regularly and make sure that the grass is always trimmed. Clear your driveway and walkway of any weeds that may make it unsightly. Lastly, lay down some sod to patches in your lawn. Although this can be a little more expensive, it can well be worth every penny you pay as it helps you increase the curb appeal of your FSBO home.
4. Consider planting flowers in your garden. The appearance of your FSBO home can really be improved by flowers. It can attract buyers and can put a premium on your property. Consider getting brightly colored flowers in earthen vases or other kinds that would complement your home.
5. Never neglect the little things. Probable the most essential factors in adding curb appeal to your FSBO home is very much affordable. Paint your mailbox, add a brass knocker or an attractive décor to your front door, or install new lighting fixtures in your lawn or garden to add some attitude to your home.
John Cutts has been educated in the finer points of the foreclosure market over 5 years.