Real Estate Pro Articles

Urge for Landlords and Students to get Insurance before Uni Starts

[Valid RSS feed]  Category Rss Feed -
By : kath wong    99 or more times read
Almost 60% of the University places have been confirmed after the announcement of A-level results today. Students are more certain about their future and would start to plan and prepare themselves for the change in their lives. The first thing for students to consider is the issue of accommodation - students can either choose to live in halls or home-share. Under the recession, it is expected that home-share would be more of a popular option comparatively.

Meanwhile, as demand for private renting has increased, private landlords who own properties near the University area should start searching for prospective student tenants who often form themselves into groups for moving into a house-share. Recent research has demonstrated that the average rent for students has increased from £74.70 a week in 2008 to a weekly rate of £77.20 this year. In East England and London, average rent for students has now risen to £98.30 and £94.80 respectively. Figures showed that generally the average rent and spending for students have increased significantly by 5% year-by-year.

Despite the increasing rate in living and spending, taking out specialist buy-to-let insurance is important and vital for both the students and landlords. Students have the reputation of being untidy, irresponsible and disorganized. Therefore, it is highly recommended that landlords should be responsible in purchasing landlord insurance to cover their buildings and contents.

On the other hand, students typically own more expensive consumer goods than the rest of the population (such as ipods, laptops, cameras, TVs and stereos). Burglars are able to find a few of those within a students’ property easily - this makes it more likely for thieves and burglaries to occur in the rental properties of student areas. Hence, even when the property has a security system installed, each tenant should also purchase individual contents insurance to cover their personal possessions and belongings.
For student tenants who are looking for the right kind of insurance for their personal possessions, visit Discount Landlord Insurance - Tenant Content Insurance.

Related Articles

Print This Article
Add To Favorites




© All rights reserved to Real Estate Pro Articles