Choosing a Realtor- By: Sonia Smith
The home buying or home selling process is quite a strenuous task. Many people prefer to go through it with a realtor who already knows the entire process, laws on real estate, pricing system and a thorough knowledge of the place where the property is located.
Selecting the right realtor is probably one of the most important choices in your life. Nowadays, the easiest person you can find is a realtor. The economic depression has caused many people to sell their homes, lots, office spaces and many more, luring a big number of agents toward the real estate industry.
The following are helpful tips in choosing a realtor, regardless if you want to buy a home or sell a home:
- Family and friend referrals are the most effective way to find a realtor. They know your needs better and know what you prefer. They can refer a realtor who has helped them before and they have worked with in the past.
- Take time to interview at least three realtors to make your comparison. Make sure to ask pertinent questions that could clarify on his or her background and license details as well. Choose a realtor who specializes on the area where you are planning to buy a house.
- Find a realtor who is fervent in selling your home or responsive to your needs when buying a home.
- Look for a realtor whom you feel comfortable and at ease with. Keep in mind that you would probably be working with him or her for weeks and months, therefore you should be able to hire someone whom you can get along with easily.
- Do a research on the present market listings in the classified section, which has open houses and property listings where you could possibly meet different realtors who can help with your real estate needs.
- Ensure that your realtor does not only give you the advantages of a certain home but also the disadvantages as well.
- Make sure to choose a successful and established realtor. There are many people in the real estate business who only work part time and may not be committed to your needs.
- Many realtors do not work independently but employed by some real estate companies, thus you should choose a real estate company first, ask them about their code of practice, and ask them their realtor who can help you best.
Before deciding on a realtor, make sure to compare the different marketing materials given to you as samples from prospective realtors. Find out if they are creative or tacky. Be wary if you notice the following from a realtor: too good to be true, better than new, this home is a steal. Steer clear from a realtor with a lot of clichés.
A good realtor will help you regardless if he or she is having a bad day and will remain professional at all times. The right realtor would be accountable to you and reports any information that might be of use to you.
Article Source :
Author Resource :
Enjoy low-maintenance living in Townhouses for Sale in Arcadia Phoenix AZ, enjoy more space in Arcadia Phoenix AZ Four Bedroom Homes and sty cool with pools in Houses with Pools in Arcadia Phoenix AZ.