Determine if Central Air Conditioning is Right for You- By: Sonia Smith
Central air conditioning systems have set certain standards nowadays. Aside from cooling your home, these systems also serve to dehumidify the air around. Central air conditioning units use ducts in allocating the dehumidified and cooled air to several rooms in your house. Before you decide if a central air conditioning is for you, make sure to determine the areas around your home that you need it.
Make certain to choose the correct central air conditioning system for your home with these:
- The size of the central AC unit should match your home’s cooling power. Have a contractor give you a local calculation to ascertain you take the right account for insulation levels, home size, area of the windows and other necessary factors.
- Take into consideration the position of the unit installed because this can have a great effect on its efficiency. If there are a lot of interferences, there is a big chance of less air to flow freely.
- A good central air conditioning unit must be fortified with TEV/TXV or thermostatic expansion valve that controls refrigerant flow through the unit.
- The central AC should posses high SEER or seasonal energy efficiency ratio rating. Although it could be more costly, it might be more beneficial later because it saves you energy to produce the coolness you want. An ideal SEER rating must be around 18 to 23.
- Take into consideration the compressor of the unit because it is the most expensive part of central air conditioning system. Furthermore, it should have scroll compressors that could resist liquid refrigerants that might damage the air conditioning unit.
- Determine the moisture capacity of the central AC unit. This is necessary because your comfort depends greatly in controlling humidity and keeping the whole area cool. Because many central air conditioning units differ in their capacity to eliminate air moisture, make certain that you ask your dealer about the performance of the central air conditioning unit of your choice.
- Choose a central air conditioning system that has a good warranty, which is in general, ten or more years on the compressors and other parts and a limited warranty on both the outdoor and indoor coils. In general, a warranty provides ten years on the compressor and five years on other parts. However, there are some manufacturers who provide better such as a lifetime warranty on the compressors, heat exchangers and ten years on the internal parts.
A central air conditioning unit is an effective way to regulate the coolness of the air throughout the whole house. Furthermore, they are also less noisy than those window type aircon units and are known to possess reversed cycle. This means that it has the ability to pump out hot air during the winter and keeps the entire house cool instead of cooling just one room in your home.
After you have determined the aspects and uses of a central air conditioning unit, it is up to you to decide if using one is the right for your home.
Article Source :
Author Resource :
West homes for sale, Gated Club West Homes for Sale, golf homes in Club West Golf Real Estate and nature friendly homes in Ahwatukee AZ Green Homes for Sale.