Determine the Time to Replace the Hot Water Heater- By: Sonia Smith
Finding out the exact time to replace your water heater can be a bit complicated. You must be able to take your time and check out various kinds before deciding to replace it.
Following are indicators that your water heater is about to expire!
- Determine the age of the water heater. Where you one who purchased it or did your just inherit it when you bought the house? Gas water heaters last from eight to twelve years, an electric heater from ten to fifteen years while a tankless heater will last twenty-five year or longer.
- You can determine when it is time to replace your hot water heater when you start go get tainted or discolored water when turning on the hot tap.
- Condensation, water damage or rust could be indicators of a leak. Make it a point to inspect the tank fitting. If you notice leak signs or rusting, check out the combustion chamber and the fuel-burning units. Water streaks and heavy rust are danger signs that you should replace your unit immediately.
- When the hot water heater is not as hot as it used to be or you often run out of hot water under normal conditions or even worse, getting an ice cold shower in the morning.
- Having new hot water appliances such as a washing machine or new dishwasher could mean that you need a new water heating solution.
- Check out the last time that you perform maintenance on the water heater. If you think it was never, your water heater may be living on borrowed time.
- A defective water heater could be the reason why all of a sudden your energy bill has surged up unexpectedly.
- A good indicator for electric and gas heaters alike is the sacrificial anode rod. Although it is more difficult to remove, the effort is well worth it because it will give the best clue regarding the tank condition. The sacrificial metal is formed around the steel core wire. Under normal conditions, the anode corrodes slowly to protect the water heater from rust. When a considerable mount of metal has rusted exposing six inches of the core wire, it is time for a replacement. When you pull the anode and find nothing left of it, some possible damage has occurred in the tank.
The main distinction between the most old and the most modern water heaters when it comes to energy performance is the insulation level. The atmospheric combustion and immersion heating elements have not altered much. Therefore, insulating blankets, heat traps and pipes can help in keeping your water heater in the right place and help older water heater perform like new.
When you have thoroughly determined that it is time to replace your water heater, make sure that you set aside an amount for this purpose. Since not all things last forever, you should make allocations particularly if you bought an older home. Appliances and home fixtures will eventually stop working and the hot water heater in your home is no exception.
Article Source :
Author Resource :
Check out water front homes Gold Canyon Waterfront Homes for Sale, homes for rent in Gold Canyon Rental Property and luxurious homes Gold Canyon Luxury Homes.