Home Inspection: Can You Do It On Your Own- By: Roby Hicks
Inspecting the house before purchasing it, is essential to know the work the house needs. The result of the inspection can be used for negotiating as well. This will help the buyer identify if the property is overpriced or not. This also helps them to decide whether to continue the purchase or not.
A certified inspector does the inspection before the purchase is made. He will write a report of the inspection. He will indicate the areas inspected as well as his recommendation. The report will also show the what will happen to certain areas if repairs or changes are not made.
Although a credited inspector is essential to check the property, you can also make your own inspection. This will be very helpful when you are maintaining your property. If you are to inspect your own property, take note of the following:
- List the areas you need to check. This will guide you with the activities you need to complete. You can check refer to the different guides available online. There are several areas that you can check on your own. Examples of these are the roof, ceiling, walls, doors and windows. You should also check the different systems at home.
- Indicate your findings as well as the actions you need to take. As you check the areas on your list, make sure that you take note of your evaluation. List the things that should be done so that you will know what to do after the inspection.
- Take note of the things you cannot handle on your own. Certainly, there are certain things that you will not be able to handle on your own. You will need a plumber if there are any problems in the drainage. You will need an electrician for electrical needs. Listing these items allows you to prioritize what should be done first.
- Schedule the necessary repairs. If you can do some of the repairs yourself, better. If you are going to hire someone, you will need to pay for labor expenses. This makes it essential to prioritize the things that are more important. This is essential if you are working on a tight budget.
- Review your notes. Make sure that you do this before you start repairing anything. You might have forgotten the essential details like cleaning the roof or removing some rusty tins from your yard. Reviewing your notes is essential to know what to do first.
Home inspection before the purchase of your property is essential to know the state of the house. This is very important if you intend to move in the house right away. You want to make sure that all the systems works and that the property is safe to live in. But you should also learn how to inspect your own property. There are some guides you can download and follow online. This is essential in maintaining your property. This will also help identify problems in your property before they get worst.
Article Source :
Author Resource :