Moving Company: How to Avoid Fraudsters- By: Roby Hicks
Moving is not only emotionally draining but can also be physically exhausting, aside from packing, there are several things that the family should attend to. They have to make sure that utility services are taken care of. In addition to that, they need to find a good moving company and avoid fraud. Moving company fraud would be your movers most dreadful nightmare.
So how are you going to avoid this? What are the precautions you need to make? One of the things you need to keep in mind is most complainants against moving fraud found their movers online. This does not mean that all movers online are fraudster, there are a lot of reputable companies too. However, it is recommended that you only use the net to get contact information and do background check.
Here are some of the ways to help you avoid fraud and find reputable companies:
- Ask people around. Talk to people who have recently moved and ask them about their moving companies. You can also ask your real estate agent to recommend few moving companies he knows. You will need at least three options to compare services and rates.
- Grab your phone book and look for companies with offices in your area and in the area you are going. This way, you can easily file a complaint when your goods have not arrived yet. Besides, if they have at least two offices, it would mean that they been in the business for a long time. Talk to both offices and verify their services. Visit their office too to check their facilities such as their moving cars.
- Ask them to pay your home a visit for an estimate. This is also a good way of getting to know the people you will be entrusting your things to. Set an appointment for different companies to check your house and take note of their quotes. You should also write down your comment about them. Are the personnel friendly and accommodating? This will definitely help you with your decision. If they will not agree to visit your home, then look for another company.
- You should also ask if the company will do the moving themselves or outsource the services. If they are going to outsource them, then look for another company. If they are outsourcing it, then look for another company.
- Get as much information as you can. Get their company name, how long have they been operating, the address of their offices, their license numbers, email address and references. When you have the information, use the internet to view their company profile. You can also check for the articles of incorporation and verify the information you have. In addition to that, the company should also provide you with a booklet containing rights and responsibilities when moving.
To avoid moving company fraud, it is essential that you get as much information as you can. Do not just rely online. Ask for reference, call possible companies and conduct screenings. Most importantly, verify the information you acquired by checking with your state secretary.
Article Source :
Author Resource :