Six Ways to Find a Real Estate Broker- By: John Cutts
If you are in the market for a professional and reliable real estate broker, you should keep the following in mind:
1. Ask around particularly those people you know. The easiest way to find a real estate broker is through referrals from friends and other people you know. If trusted friends refer a real estate broker to you, you can rest assured that the home broker has been tested and proven reliable by your friends. Most of the successful home brokers are able to thrive in the real estate industry because they meet the needs of their clients and these pleased clients refer them to people they know. The more people attesting the good performance of a home broker, the more you can expect that they deliver good performance indeed.
2. Check the Internet. You can find a long list of names of real estate brokers on the Web. However, you must learn to discern those who are reliable from those who are not. Most websites post names of brokers whom they simply received advertising payments from so there is no guarantee that the brokers actually perform well. To find a list of reliable names, search the web for the best real estate companies in your place. Check the sites of these companies – there, you will find profiles of nearby real estate brokers that you can visit in the office. You can choose good brokers by reading the testimonials of their previous clients.
3. Go to open houses. In any open house, you can definitely find one or two. One advantage of finding real estate brokers in an open house is that there is a relaxed, non-working atmosphere, giving way to more personal and comfortable interactions. Also, in an open house, you can observe the actual performance and work ethics of a broker. Take down notes on their business cards.
4. Look for signage in your area. Observe how fast a sold sign comes out. The faster an advertised property is sold, the bigger the chance that the real estate broker does his job well.
5. Check the newspaper. Aside from advertising properties for sale, real estate advertisements also endorse real estate brokers. Check your Sunday paper for names. After you have the names, you can check their profiles on the Internet and eventually call the home brokers to ask them about their work experience.
6. Consult other real estate brokers. Aside from your friends, you can also ask referrals from other professionals. Most of them refer their colleagues especially if they have different specializations. Good home brokers usually refer other good brokers as well.
Article Source :
Author Resource :
John Cutts has been educated in the finer points of the foreclosure market over 5 years.