Skylights and Windows: Installation Tips- By: Vicki Hat
Day lighting allows is the method of allowing natural light to pass through your homes. Is this good? If yes, why so? How do you achieve this?
The use of natural lights has tremendous benefits on its homeowners. For one, you will be able to utilize the use of natural light to light up your place. So at daytime, you can turn of your lighting fixtures; hence, minimizing the use of energy. Another great benefit is beautiful effect of natural light on your interiors. As the ray of light, passes through the glass, it brightens up the room; creating shades of light that highlights the best part of your interiors, as well as sets its mood. Aside from that, it creates an illusion; that somehow widens the horizons of your space and gives your guests and family members a sight of your wonderful landscaping. It simply gives you a glimpse of the heaven.
There are many ways to facilitate day lighting. Two of the most common ways is the installation of windows and skylights.
It is great to install these devices in your homes. They are great way to give your interior design their fullest potentials. But just as much as these devices work to enhance home operations, it also paves way to rise of energy consumption due to air leakage.
The best thing to do is to properly install the window and skylights. To achieve this, here are some considerations for installation:
- Find products that have energy star rating. This rating speaks certifies the claim of the manufacturer that the product is energy efficient.
- Know the performance ratings. This will give you a good picture about the energy performance ratings as reflected by the U-factor and the Solar Heat Gain Coefficient (SHGC). There are also other performance indicators like Visible transmittance, air leakage and condensation resistance.
- Window orientation should also be observed. Windows and skylights installed in colder climates should have lower U-factor and higher SHGC. This would be the opposite for warmer areas.
If you plan to build your own windows and skylights:
- Use the right framing materials for the windows. The usual materials used are wood, aluminum and fiberglass. However, some people combine them to improve the insulation of the window and skylights.
- Glasses should also have special coatings that lessen the penetration of the sun inside your homes.
- Gas fills to improve the insulation of the window can be observed. Argon and krypton is usually used but you can use other gases that are odorless and non-toxic.
- Use multiple panes to make the windows more energy efficient. This also improves the air sealing ability of the window and skylights.
Follow these tips and you will not only enjoy the beauty it brings to your homes. It will also help you save tons of money by lessening your demands for energy. Everything will be advantageous on your part and you will be more comfortable in your own home that is environmental friendly too.
Article Source :
Author Resource :
Do you want to find homes with skylights and great windows? Fall in love with one when you browse through Private Homes in Grand Prairie TX, Grand Prairie TX Golf Course Real Estate and Houses with One Plus Acres for Sale in Grand Prairie TX.