Spruce Up Your Bedroom on a Budget- By: Vicki Hat
Are you looking at your room right now and you suddenly feel dissatisfied? Your once beautiful room has now turned boring and dull in your eyes. Then you just decided: you have to spruce it up. But then something is keeping you. The thought of re-decorating the whole room would be fabulous but then you would need money; tons of them. What would you do? With a restrained budget you, the whole project would seem to be a dream. Would you just give up on it?
You should not. Changing the way your room looks or sprucing it up is essential. This is because your bedroom is your place for resting and the only place in your house where you can achieve it at its best. How can you enjoy resting now if you have lost the comfort that it once had given to you?
Your rest and comfort is what is at stake in here. So do not give up just easily. There are plenty of ways to give your room the freshest look without having to splurge. Here are some tips to spruce your bedroom up on a budget:
- Do something about your walls. Remember, this part of your room is your backdrop. It helps unify all elements of your interior design. Hence, you have to find a design that suits your taste. If you want to have a Zen-like appeal, you have to use dark and earthy tones. If you want to create a light mood, go for light neutral tones or pastel. But if buying paint equals costly, use wallpapers instead. This will also allow you to choose great patterns for your walls.
- Lights are everything. They help project the mood of the place. You can make it sexy, gloomy, dramatic, perky and more. If you want to have more control on your lights, use lampshades. The type of shades you use allows you to create an effect on how the light can spruce up the place. So, be more creative on this matter.
- Change the arrangement of your furniture. Some furniture can be bulky. So take out the big and old and replace them with the new ones. So here's a tip: If you are tight on a budget, you can buy new furniture by selling your old ones. The proceeds of the sale can be used to shop the latest furniture that is useful to you.
- Invest on good sheets and pillows. If comfort is what you want, then you got to spend on good fabrics for your bed. Find great flannel, cotton or satin sheets. Anything that is good to the skin is great. However, give careful consideration on patterns and colors. Make sure it is in harmony with your bedroom interiors.
- Your flooring is just as equally important as the rest. Hence, find a good rug. The color and patterns of the rug would add contrast to your design. Aside from that, this perks up your dull and plain flooring.
Do you think that was hard to do? Definitely not. With these ideas, you just have eliminated the long wait and the ruckus that construction could make. Instead, you just took things that are manageable and movable.
Now, do you still think you need thousands of dollars for a bedroom makeover?
Article Source :
Author Resource :