Successful Ways to Get Real Estate Listings- By: Karim El Sheikh
Listings are the bread and butter of a Realtorģís business. Listings mean a paycheck in hand and a few more down the road. You should be able to get at least a few more sales from your listings, either from buyers or other neighbors in the area who want to sell and buy.
Here are some helpful tips that you can use during your listing appointment to increase your chances of getting the listing:
- Send the seller your portfolio and bio a few days before you arrive so they can get to know you before the appointment.
- Always arrive at least 10 to 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Dress professional and business like.
- Have an energetic and positive attitude.
- Listen to their concerns.
- Find out their motivation for selling.
- If they are relocating to another area, offer to find them an agent in the city where they are relocating to help them find a place to live. Provide them with names of movers and other vendors.
- Bring your laptop and smart phone so you can show them the technology and programs you will use to market their home.
- Have copies of mailers, brochures and flyers to show them your marketing samples. You may want to put everything in a nice book including your newspaper ads.
- Prove to the sellers that you have buyers to show their home to. Tell them how many offers you wrote last week or last month with buyers in the area. Show them pictures of your buyers outside your listings or at your open houses.
- Show them testimonials from past sellers and buyers.
- Have your listing presentation organized with up-to-date sales and a complete and professional comparable market analysis.
- If they have listed their home before, find out from them the reason(s) they think it did not sell. This way you can avoid doing things that the agent did that they did not like.
- Find out what types of marketing they want. Internet, newspaper and magazine. Signage. Open houses.
- Make your case strong about pricing. Show them properties that were withdrawn, how long they were on the market and explain the reason price matters in this tough and competitive marketplace.
- Find out if they are speaking with any other agents and who.
- Take notes, especially about the homeís features that the seller points out to you. New additions, remodeling features, granite in kitchen, etc.
- Highlight the reasons they should list with you.
- If the couple is married, make sure both attend the listing appointment.
- Bring a small gift or some free information.
- Offer an incentive for listing now such as giving them some extra advertising in the newspaper or a local home magazine or a free home warranty plan to give to their buyer.
If they donít sign the listing papers on the spot, then follow-up immediately by sending a thank you card or letter. Call them in a day or two and then keep sending them current information about home sales in the area and other marketing pieces. As long as you keep your name fresh in their mind, chances are they will call you when they are ready. There is always the possibility that they decided to list with someone else too so if that is the case, wish them well and go on to the next lead. You never know, they may be back if they are not happy with the agentís services.
Article Source :
Author Resource :
The Agent University provides certification programs and learning opportunities for real estate agents and brokers.