Trick or Treat: Selling Your Home in This Autumn- By: Kathie Shandro
There’s a chill in the air and the flowers are fading. And it’s the perfect time to sell your Denver home. Inventory is down, so there’s less competition. And homebuyers are motivated this time of year. They tend to view fewer homes before making their purchase decision in the fall.
There are tricks to the trade. Follow these tips and your home will outshine the neighbors’ listing:
1. Curb appeal is critical. Give your lawn a dose of seasonal fertilizer and keep it green as long as possible. Rake the leaves each day to keep your landscape neat and tidy. And plant fall mums in place of your summer annuals. In other words, make the first glance at your residence as rewarding as possible.
2. Keep your home clean and clutter-free. Since you’re moving, pack your summer clothes in boxes and store them away. It’ll make your closets look even more spacious.
3. Raise the blinds. In Colorado, the autumn sun is lower in the southern sky, so we need to open the curtains. Bring in as much natural light as possible; it will make every room look larger and more inviting.
4. Wash the windows and dust the light fixtures. Cobwebs seem to multiply in the autumn months, and homebuyers notice the nuisance. Using the wand attachment on your vacuum, remove cobwebs in the corners of your rooms as often as they appear.
5. Turn up the heat. Make sure homebuyers can literally warm up to your home. If they feel a chill, it’s almost impossible to sell them your house, even if it’s everything they’ve been looking for.
If you follow these simple guidelines, your listing will appeal to buyers that view your home. It will impress the buyer’s Denver Realtor®, too, which will result in more showings. It’s no secret; agents cherry-pick the most beautiful homes in each neighborhood. Handsome Denver homes that are priced accurately sell in every season.
Article Source :
Author Resource :
Kathie Shandro is a RE/MAX Realtor in Denver, Colorado. Visit Denver-HomesForSale.com, a leading Colorado real estate resource, for customized real estate market reports and information about RE/MAX services, including listing and selling your home in Denver.