What are the Benefits of Buying Columbus Foreclosed Homes and How to Proceed- By: Fiona Livnat
Columbus which is the capital of the U.S. State of Ohio is the third largest metropolitan area of the state. There are several benefits of buying Columbus foreclosed homes like 30 to 50% discount from other real estate properties, also Columbus has been ranked 7th best place in the country to operate business from. There are several steps to be followed to proceed to buy foreclosure properties.
Education – Columbus is home to The Ohio State University which has one of the largest college campuses in United States. Columbus City Schools (CCS) operates 142 elementary, middle and high schools in city with high quality of education.
Library – The Columbus Metropolitan Library (CML) with 3 million items is one of the largest libraries in the country with 22 locations in the area.
Landmarks – The famous landmarks of Columbus are Greek Revival State capitol, Rhodes State Office Tower, LeVeque Tower and Wexner Center.
Museums – The Wexner Center for Arts is an art gallery. This city is also home to Columbus Museum of Art opened in 1931. Franklin Park Conservatory opened in 1895 is a botanical garden on 88 acres area.
Bike Lover’s paradise – Columbus has a flat terrain, large student population, off-road bike paths so is a bike friendly city. Several initiatives like Bike to Work Week, Consider Biking have been taken to promote biking.
With a vibrant economy, world class education facilities, libraries, museums and biker’s paradise Columbus city offers several reasons to buy Columbus foreclosed homes.
How to Proceed?
Once you have decided to buy a foreclosed home in Columbus city follow the following steps.
- Subscribe to a reliable and genuine internet based foreclosure listings which are updated regularly.
- Make a list of around 10 properties which suit your budget, location and requirements. Try for pre-foreclosures, bank foreclosures or government foreclosures which are cheaper.
- Short-List around 5 to visit personally. Once you are visiting a property check the price point and credentials from neighbors. Find out the utilities available in the nearby areas.
- Based on your personal visit and research zero in on a particular property and negotiate the price from the title owner.
- Once the deal is finalized, hire a lawyer to check the documents, see that all tax liens and all other dues to any government or community departments are all clear.
Thus with numerous benefits Columbus foreclosed homes are an ideal choice to buy which will be helped by the procedure to buy foreclosed homes.
Article Source :
Author Resource :
Fiona Livnat is an author with expertise in real estate foreclosures. She has over ten years of experience in writing about Columbus Foreclosed Homes. Her commitment to help people is reflected in her writing. For more details please visit http://columbus.franklin.oh.foreclosuredatabank.com