What features make Repo homes one of the best investment options in the real estate market- By: Fiona Livnat
When it come to the real estate market, Repo homes have emerged as one of the most vied for properties by investors as well as home buyers. While the number of foreclosures has reached an alarming rate all over the U.S, this dismal situation has given rise to some good tidings for home buyers with the asking prices of foreclosed properties slashing down to nearly half of their original prices. Some features that have made repo homes, one of the best investment options in the market include their highly affordable prices, prime locations, wide range of housing options, incentives from various housing departments as well as flexible loan schemes by banks for buyers interested in purchasing foreclosed homes.
Repo homes is short for repossessed properties and is a popular term used to refer to homes that have been reclaimed by lending agencies due to non-repayment of loans by the previous owners. Once these homes are repossessed they are foreclosed and sold in the market to the highest bidder. Some of the attractive investment features of repo homes have been listed below:
- Highly affordable asking prices – The most attractive feature of repo homes which have made them highly viable as a real estate investment is their reduced asking prices. At present foreclosed properties are available at anywhere between 25-50% of their actual market worth thereby making them extremely affordable to prospective buyers.
- Prime residential communities – As the number of foreclosures have increased all over U.S, a large number of high end homes have also been repossessed by banks and other lenders which have presented home buyers with the unique opportunity of purchasing homes in some of the prime residential areas in the country.
- Wide housing options – Another unique feature of repo homes is that they offer a wide range of housing options to buyers which range from two to three bedroom houses, to sprawling family homes, condominiums and penthouses. Home buyers can also choose from affordable waterfront housing as well as centrally located downtown neighborhoods.
- Incentives from various housing departments – At present various government departments like the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development, the Federal Housing Authority and the Veterans Authority to name a few have launched various schemes to support home buyers in purchasing foreclosures. Some of the housing programs include tax credit incentives and down payment assistance.
- Flexible loan schemes – With a large number of banks being over loaded with foreclosures, a series of low interest housing loans are being offered by them in order to encourage buyers to invest in repo homes. Banks are also offering various flexi-schemes as well as the facility of loan modifications for prospective buyers.
Thus with several unique features repo homes are a highly popular option for home buyers as well as real estate investors.
Article Source :
Author Resource :
Fiona Livnat is an author with expertise in real estate foreclosures. She has over ten years of experience in writing about repo homes. Her commitment to help people is reflected in her writing. For more details please visit www.ForeclosureConnections.com